Senior Spotlight - Alexia Derrer
1. What are your plans after high school (college, work force, future profession)?
I plan on going to Highland to get my gen eds done. After, I will transfer to a university to major in Early Education and Special Education.
2. What was the biggest change for you between your freshman and senior year?
The biggest change for me throughout my journey at Forreston would be the amount of freedom that is given as you progress in grades. Also, with COVID, a lot has changed socially and the school environment is different than before.
3. Which class challenged you the most and why?
The class that challenged me the most was Geometry with Mr.Hanley. This is because as a sophomore, I never really got a lot of daily homework. Also, I have never been too good at math, so I definitely struggled.
4. What person do you look up to the most and why?
Career wise, I look up to my English teacher, Mr. Janicke. This is because he shows every student they are worthy of doing something great with their lives. Also, he is very relatable to every student which makes learning a lot easier. This aspires me to become a teacher and do my best in everything I do.
5. What will you miss most about Forreston High School?
I will miss not seeing my friends every single day. Also, I will miss the teachers who have made a big impact on my life.
6. What advice would you give incoming freshmen?
Focus on yourself and how you will succeed in your future and not on what everyone else is doing.